Successful organizations are not static- they continually evolve. Influencing that cultural evolution requires first understanding your company’s culture and then knowing how to work within it to drive change.
We’ve got the Stout takeaways you need from a deep profile by TheBalance.com on how to avoid the “That’s not how we do things here” pitfall, work within the boundaries of the existing culture, and draw upon current strengths to achieve positive cultural evolution.
Six Stout Ideas To Influence Current Culture To Promote Change
- Take time to research, understand, and find the potential strengths in the current company culture.
- Connect your change initiative to a the core values of the company.
- Sell your idea for change to influencers within the company and gain their help in creating widespread support.
- Link your ideas to previous successful examples that drove positive results.
- Gain support from peers in other functions to support your initiative.
- Provide context for the need to change including external evidence, competitor announcements, and new and potentially disruptive technologies or business approaches
Just how healthy is you current culture? Take our Stout Culture Check and get our Stout Strategies for how you can improve your company’s environment and your bottom line.